What to expect during a telehealth appointment
Tips for a great telehealth visit
- Flashlight or light source
- Scale – or know your child’s weight
- Name/location of your preferred pharmacy and laboratory
- Click the link in the email you received from email@example.com.
- Download the free Zoom app.
- Click the link again to go to the physician’s meeting.
- Enter your child’s name. If asked, click “call using Internet audio.”
- Stay in the “virtual waiting room” until the physician admits you.
- At first, this exam might “feel” different from a typical visit. That is OK and expected.
- Ask your child to show the provider their favorite toy or something else to help them feel more comfortable.
- The doctor or nurse practitioner will ask you help with the child’s exam by taking temperatures or showing a rash.