CHOC assigns volunteer positions based on the current needs of the hospital along with the volunteer’s availability, interests and skill sets.
Currently, our highest needs are shifts scheduled Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Night and weekend positions are limited.
- Greet visitors as they arrive
- Escort families around the hospital
- Assist in office clerical support
- Help visitors and families in the Family Resource Center
- Offer coloring and reading activities for patients in our waiting/lobby areas
- Assess the comfort needs of families on the many units
- Assist in discharging our patients
- Assist our child life specialists in playrooms
- And much more.
Detailed information about our volunteer roles is provided at our information sessions.
Our volunteer program does not offer job training, internship, practicum or medical shadowing programs.
One-Day Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer services does not offer any type of one-day volunteer opportunities. Anyone interested in coming to visit our patients for one day to host a special event must receive approval by our child life department. Please visit our special visitor guidelines to learn more.