CHOC assigns volunteer positions based on the current needs of the hospital along with the volunteer’s availability, interests and skill sets.
Currently, our highest needs are shifts scheduled Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Night and weekend positions are limited.
- Greet visitors as they arrive
- Escort families around the hospital
- Assist in office clerical support
- Help visitors and families in the Family Resource Center
- Offer coloring and reading activities for patients in our waiting/lobby areas
- Assess the comfort needs of families on the many units
- Assist in discharging our patients
- Assist our child life specialists in playrooms
Detailed information about our volunteer roles is provided at our information sessions.
Our volunteer program does not offer job training, internship, practicum or medical shadowing programs.
One-Day Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer services does not offer any type of one-day volunteer opportunities. Anyone interested in coming to visit our patients for one day to host a special event must receive approval by our child life department. Please visit our special visitor guidelines to learn more.