South Orange County’s Only Children’s Hospital
Inside its doors, you’ll find a modern facility with comprehensive services, individualized care and personal attention for patients ranging from newborns to young adults.
At CHOC at Mission Hospital, we offer:
- A full medical staff, with physicians in virtually every pediatric specialty
- An all-RN nursing staff
- Hospitalists and neonatologists on site 24 hours a day
- 24-bed Medical/Surgical Unit for children who need to be hospitalized while receiving care for an illness, injury or surgery.
- 8-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) providing the highest level of care for critically ill and injured children
- 22-bed, Level 3 NICU providing critical care for newborns, and neonatal care teams who can be present during high-risk births at Mission Hospital
- State-of-the-art Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and Sleep Center
- Child life specialists to help minimize anxiety for young patients and their siblings, and to help them understand medical treatments
- Pediatric emergency services and a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
- Ronald McDonald Family Room, sleep rooms and shower accommodations for families to stay the night with their child in the hospital
- Additional shared services with Mission Hospital including rehabilitation services, surgical services, radiology and laboratory