Limited Visitors Jan. 8, 2018 – April 2, 2018
Due to an increase of respiratory viruses, and for the safety of our patients, families and staff, CHOC Children’s Hospital will be limiting visitors from Jan. 8 to April 2 (these dates may change due to early or late circulation of virus).
- Three individuals (two parents/guardians and an additional individual, which can include a sibling 12 years and older) who are well will be permitted to visit during this time.
- For extended hospitalizations, parents (or patients 18 and older) may complete a visitor form listing up to four individuals who may visit. This form will be provided by your inpatient nurse, who will assist you in completing it.
- The use of masks, gowns and gloves will be enforced as appropriate. Proper hand hygiene is necessary each time you enter and exit the patient’s room.
- Patients in isolation and their parents/guardians will not be allowed to visit the playrooms or other patient rooms. Child life specialists have activities that can be brought to the isolation rooms.
- When the patient is visiting public areas in the hospital (given approval from the patient’s physician), please remember to use good hand hygiene and stay 3 feet away from others.
We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. If you have any questions, please speak to your CHOC nurse or physician.