Limited Visitors Jan. 8, 2018 – April 2, 2018
Due to an increase of respiratory viruses, and for the safety of our patients, families and staff, CHOC Children’s Hospital will be limiting visitors from Jan. 8 to April 2 (these dates may change due to early or late circulation of virus).
- Three individuals (two parents/guardians and an additional individual, which can include a sibling 12 years and older) who are well will be permitted to visit during this time.
- For extended hospitalizations, parents (or patients 18 and older) may complete a visitor form listing up to four individuals who may visit. This form will be provided by your inpatient nurse, who will assist you in completing it.
- The use of masks, gowns and gloves will be enforced as appropriate. Proper hand hygiene is necessary each time you enter and exit the patient’s room.
- Patients in isolation and their parents/guardians will not be allowed to visit the playrooms or other patient rooms. Child life specialists have activities that can be brought to the isolation rooms.
- When the patient is visiting public areas in the hospital (given approval from the patient’s physician), please remember to use good hand hygiene and stay 3 feet away from others.
We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. If you have any questions, please speak to your CHOC nurse or physician.
Parents may visit 24 hours a day. Other adults and children may visit between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Check with your nurse on the specialty areas such as PICU, NICU, and CVICU for more specific guidelines. All visitors must sign in and obtain a pass at the Information Desk in the main lobby on the first floor. Parents are given a yellow armband to wear, which must be worn and visible. Visitors are given a pass which also must be worn and visible. Anyone who is ill or has been exposed to a contagious disease is not allowed to visit.
Directions and Parking
CHOC families and visitors check in at the Bill Holmes Tower entrance located on Pepper Street (near the intersection of Pepper and La Veta). Follow the “red carpet” to the parking structure and follow the signs to reach our front entrance. Click here for more maps and information about our main campus in Orange. Learn about the rates for CHOC’s patient and visitor parking structure.
The CHOC Children’s Gift Shop is proud to offer a wide variety of merchandise for our patients, visitors and staff. The CHOC Children’s Gift Shop will gladly take phone orders for items to deliver to any CHOC patient. Just call 714-509-8668. Learn more about what you’ll find in our Gift Shop.
Amenities for Visitors
Many of the features and amenities built for our patients and families are also available to our guests. Learn more about places to eat, things to do and other area resources around the CHOC campus.
Smoke Free Campus
Please note: In an effort to create the healthiest environment in which to deliver pediatric care, CHOC is implementing a non-smoking policy on our campus and all offsite locations. Smoking will not be permitted for employees, patients, medical staff, students, volunteers, contracted personnel and vendors, on any property operated by CHOC, including within personal vehicles parked on CHOC property. A small, designated smoking area, located on the North East corner of the CHOC North building, will be available and limited to patients’ parents and family members only. Please ask your nurse for directions to this area. Thank you for your cooperation and support in our commitment to provide the safest, most advanced care for children.