For any emergent or life-threatening medical conditions that require an immediate emergency response, call 911.
Provider information for emergency admissions:
To notify the emergency department of your patient’s arrival and/or speak with a physician, please call 714-509-9095.
This emergency room pre-arrival number is available 24 hours a day. The emergency department is available to evaluate and facilitate acute admissions.
CHOC Children’s has the only pediatric-dedicated emergency department and trauma center in Orange County. With a full team of pediatric specialists and surgeons ready to handle every case, we have the expertise that only a children’s hospital can provide. We are here to be a resource for emergency departments and hospitals in Southern California. Please call us at any time, if we can be of assistance. Learn more about CHOC Children’s Pediatric Trauma Center
1. Any seriously ill or injured child who cannot be managed in the community hospital
2. Trauma – any of the following:
– Glasgow Coma Scale score (GCS) less than or equal to 12
– Deteriorating GCS regardless of score – Penetrating or open injury
– Depressed skull fracture – CSF leak – otorrhea or rhinorrhea
– Focal or lateralizing signs, i.e. posturing
– Intracranial hemorrhage
– Passenger space intrusion > 12 inches where trauma victim is sitting OR any occupant in a passenger seat when there is > 18 inches intrusion at any site within the passenger space
– Ejection from automobile
– Person who is in same passenger compartment in which a trauma death has occurred