Physician Relations is dedicated to enhancing relationships between CHOC Children’s Hospital and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital and the physicians in our community through communication, education and outreach. We strive to meet and exceed expectations for excellent customer service and are available to address all questions, concerns and needs regarding CHOC and CHOC Mission.
We are committed to:
- Strengthening relationships with local and regional physicians, their office managers and staff.
- Assisting physicians’ practices by facilitating access to and awareness of available patient services.
- Providing solutions in a timely manner through direct physician communication.
Some examples of how these goals are accomplished are:
- Physician offices- Visits to primary care practices, building relationships, providing CHOC information for patients, answering questions and identifying needs for programs and services.
- Office Manager Meetings – Luncheons held throughout CHOC’s service area, educating office staff regarding CHOC services and programs, building relationships between physician practices, hospital staff and departments, and providing education opportunities for office managers.
- Communication – Daily notification to primary care physicians of admissions and discharges via our Physician Concierge Program. Communication specifically tailored towards our physicians is sent on a regular basis via our Provider Connection e-Newsletter and our CHOC Docs Blog.