Diagnostic Services Referrals
For assistance with referring to the laboratory services listed below, please call 714-509-3132.
- Specialty labs – Metabolic, Transplant/BMT cord blood, Hematology, Molecular
- One IT system for all labs for easier and faster turnaround
- Access to results through Powerchart in Cerner
Sweat Test Preparation:
Baby (<1 year old)
- Give baby 1/8 tsp of salt 2 days prior and morning of testing (3 days total)
- Use only a clear water bath. NO lotion, soaps, bubbles, shampoos, and oils the night prior and the morning of testing
- Breast or bottle feed baby 3 hour prior to scheduled test
Child (>1 year old):
- Give child extra salt on food or salty snacks 2 days prior and morning of testing (3 days total)
- Avoid the use of soaps, oils, shampoos, and lotion on your child’s skin the night prior and the day of testing
- Give child extra water the morning of testing to promote hydration
For assistance with the radiology and imaging services listed below, please call 888-770-2462.
- The radiology department offers state of the art MRI technology with both a Siemens 1.5T and cutting edge 3T units. The 3T MRI takes faster scans with excellent image quality.
- CHOC is proud to offer patients the very latest in CT technology with a flash CT scan machine which uses a very low dose of radiation while producing high-quality images and taking incredibly fast scans.
- Full field Digital Imaging Equipment
- Low dose pediatric specific imaging protocols
- 3D modeling for cardiac, orthopaedic, and brain imaging
- Techs on-site 24/7
- ACR Accredited for CT, MRI and US
- Pediatric trained radiologists, technologists and radiology specific RN
To speak with a CHOC radiologist, please call 714-509-9060.
For assistance with referring to the neurodiagnostic and/or sleep services listed below, please call 714-509-8651.
- Electroencephalograms (EEG)
- Long Term Video Monitoring (LTM)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)/Electromyogram (EMG)
- Polysomnography (sleep study)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
- Daytime Nap Studies
For assistance with referring to the CHOC Heart Institute cardiodiagnostic services listed below, please call 888-770-2462.
CHOC Specialists Cardiology Fetal Echo Referral Form
- Ergometer and metabolic exercise testing
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT)
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography
- Fetal echocardiography and prenatal cardiac diagnosis
- Cardiac disease surveillance
- Cardiovascular disease data registry management
- 2D and 3D real-time resting, stress and sedated echocardiography
- 1.5T and 3.0T magnetic resonance (MRI) and CT angiography with 3-D image reconstruction
- Pacemaker and internal cardiac defibrillator (ICD) interrogation and reprogramming at the arrhythmia device center
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization and therapeutic cardiac catheterization at the catheterization laboratory