Dr. Christine S. Kurlawalla-Martinez, Neonatology
- Christine S Kurlawalla-Martinez MD
- Office: 714-509-4373
- Specialty: Neonatology
- Board Certified: Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Dr. Kurlawalla-Martinez has specialized training in neonatology. She is board certified in pediatrics and neonatal-perinatal medicine. She attended medical school at the University of California, Irvine College of Medicine. She completed her pediatric residency at King-Drew Medical Center in Los Angeles and completed her fellowship training in neonataology at Mattel Children’s Hospital at UCLA. Dr. Kurlawalla-Martinez is available to see patients at CHOC Hospital in Orange and CHOC at Mission Hospital. She is board certified in Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
Include surgical emergencies in the neonate, congenital neoplasms and cranio-facial abnormalities.
Christine S Kurlawalla-Martinez MD is on staff at CHOC Hospital in Orange and CHOC Mission Hospital.
CHOC Specialists, Neonatology
1201 W. La Veta Avenue
Orange, CA 92868
CHOC at Mission Hospital
27700 Medical Center Rd. 5th Floor
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Western Medical Center
1001 N. Tustin Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Pomona Valley Hospital
1798 N. Garey Ave.
Newport Beach, CA 91767
fellowship training in neonataology at Mattel Children’s Hospital at UCLA.
- Medical School
University of California, Irvine College of Medicine
- Pediatric Residency
King-Drew Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Assistant Clinical Professor
University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine
- Neonatology, CHOC Specialists
Lectures and Presentations
Abnormal morphogenesis and genetic disorders
Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
Inborn errors of metabolism
Metabolic & syndromic bone diseases
Retinopathy of prematurity
Our neonatologists commonly treat the following conditions in newborns and babies:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Heart valve abnormalities
- Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH)
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN)
- Respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)
- Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)
- Septal defects
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Trouble keeping warm