A Team Approach to Treating Cystic Fibrosis
Our CHOC pediatric pulmonologists are board certified in both pediatrics and pediatric pulmonology with additional training in treating cystic fibrosis. Our CF team also works with a full range of CHOC specialists for nearly any pediatric problem related to CF. We are here to coordinate care with you and your child through every stage of treatment, from diagnosing CF to finding the right medication and treatments, and providing personalized education plans. Our CF medical team is on call 24/7 should you need them.
A Multidisciplinary Team
At every clinic visit, families have access to a multidisciplinary team including:
- Board-certified Pediatric pulmonologists
- Board-certified pediatric gastroenterologists who join our pulmonologists during appointments at our CF pulmonary/GI sessions
- Board-certified endocrinologists who specialize in the care of CF patients with endocrine issues
- Genetic physicians and counselors who review all genetic testing and provide counseling and education to our CF families
- Psychologists at every clinic to help patients and families deal with the stress and anxiety of having a chronic disease
- Pediatric pulmonary nurse specialists
- Cystic fibrosis registered dietitians who assist families with healthy diets and understanding the role of extra fat, calories and prescribed enzymes in the diet
- Respiratory therapists
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
- Care coordinators.