Thompson Autism Center at CHOC
When your child has a neurodevelopmental condition, you want access to every resource available. The Thompson Autism Center at CHOC is dedicated to bringing the latest treatments and resources to the autism community in Orange County. Through our unique programs, children have a centralized place where they can receive early diagnosis, advanced therapy and the possibility to reach their true potential.
A place for families to thrive
Our goal is to help children reach their maximum potential, no matter what that looks like for each child, in a supportive environment that cares for the whole family.
- We offer a true family-centered approach. Support groups for parents, grandparents and siblings offer a place for families to support each other and learn everyday tips on how to juggle doctors, school, work and family life. Everything is available under one roof, providing a medical home for your child.
- Our highly trained clinical team includes pediatric neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, developmental behavior pediatricians, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapists, child life specialists, social workers, nurses and more.
- Personal service coordinators are here to help you every step of the way. They will connect you with resources and community programs, and work with you on a transition plan as your child nears adulthood, including education, work plans, college or secondary school, and legal consultations.
- Our customized evidence-based treatment plans include behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy. We also provide toilet training and parent training, to help parents with skills to support their child’s behavior at home and in the community.
- Our research studies and clinical trials look to transform the future of ASD, provide a better understanding of ASD and other neurodevelopmental differences, and bring the newest findings to families in the region.
- Education assistance is available, including the Families and Schools Together (FAST) at CHOC Program, in partnership with Chapman University, to assist with IEPs in coordination with your clinical team, connect you with resources within your child’s school system and maximize their educational opportunities.
Support the Thompson Autism Center
Philanthropic support is vital in helping us improve the health and wellness of children struggling with autism. Your donation can change lives.