We remain open to provide safe care.
We understand how frightening reports of the continued spread of COVID-19 may be for you. We want to assure you that our hospitals, doctors’ offices and health centers remain open to provide safe, high-quality care to the children and families who depend on us.
Children still need well checks and timely immunizations to keep them healthy, as well as specialty care visits to manage chronic conditions like asthma and diabetes. Avoiding or delaying care can have serious implications. Parents can have peace of mind knowing their children have access to safe, quality care from the experts at CHOC.
Is it safe to bring my child to CHOC?
In response to the pandemic, CHOC has added several important precautions to protect everyone who comes to one of our locations. These include:
- pre-screening patients and staff for symptoms of and exposures to COVID- 19;
- limiting the number of people at our locations;
- requiring face coverings;
- limiting or eliminating waiting room volumes by taking patients directly to rooms;
- using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when appropriate;
- disinfecting our office spaces repeatedly between patient visits and throughout the day;
- providing convenient access, when appropriate, to our physicians through telehealth; and
- vaccinating our providers and staff.
When it’s necessary, patients can be referred to one of our Outdoor Evaluation Centers to be tested for COVID 19 and receive basic treatment, when needed.
What if I have more questions?
If you have questions about the pandemic or think your child may have been exposed or infected, please call your physician for direction. Additionally, we offer a 24/7 free nurse helpline, 1-844-GET-CHOC to help answer any questions parents may have.
What if I don’t have insurance?
Please do not let lack of insurance prevent you from getting medical care for your child. If you do not have or have recently lost your insurance coverage, call us at 1-714-509-8600. We can help.