Dr. Elias Wehbi, Pediatric Urology
An expert in the field of urology, Dr. Elias Wehbi’s clinical interests include complex reconstruction, urologic malignancies, renal transplantation and minimally invasive treatment for pediatric urology. In Canada, he helped perform the first laparoendoscopic single site (scarless) urologic surgeries for children.
An internationally-recognized urologist, Dr. Wehbi has published numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, given presentations at national and international meetings, and received several awards for his novel clinical research. He has been an invited speaker and lecturer at various residency training programs.
Dr. Wehbi is board certified in urology. Prior to joining CHOC, Dr. Wehbi received his Royal College certification and medical doctorate at the University of Toronto. He completed his residency training in urology at the University Health Network in Toronto, and conducted his fellowship in pediatric urology at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario.
Dr. Wehbi has an interest in international health, and has completed more than a dozen medical missions to Central America; service that has been recognized by his predecessors with humanitarian and patient care awards.
CHOC Urology Center
505 S Main St 100
Orange, California 92868
- Medical School
University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Pediatric Urology Fellowship
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Urology Residency
University Health Network, Canada
Honors and Awards
- Amgen Canada Fellows alliance 2012 AUA Winner
- Patrick Hardy Award department of Surgery Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- American Association of Pediatricians
- American Urological Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Canadian Urological Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Society of Pediatric Urology
Our urologists commonly treat:
- Newborn circumcision
- Hernia / Hydrocele
- Hypospadias / Chordee
- Undescended Testes / Retractile Testicle
- Vesicoureteral Reflux (VUR)
- Dysfunctional Bladder
- Urinary Retention
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Neurogenic Bladder/Spina Bifida
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Incontinence, Nocturnal Enuresis (Bed Wetting)
- Kidney Stones
- Urethral Stricture
- Duplicated Kidney
- Solitary Kidney
- Disorders of Sexual Differentiation
- Office: 714-509-3919
- Specialty: Urology
- Additional Languages: Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- On Staff at: CHOC Children's Hospital
Dr. Elias Wehbi, pediatric urologist at CHOC, tells us about circumcisions and when circumcisions need intervention for repair.
In this video, Dr. Elias Wehbi, pediatric urologist at CHOC, talks about hydroceles in children and describes the most common type.