We’ve developed these referral guidelines to guide you through the process of referring to CHOC Gastroenterology. Please follow the instructions provided in the guidelines to ensure qualification and appropriate process in referring your patient.
Our highly experienced, board-certified gastroenterologists provide innovative and efficient care to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
We commonly treat:
- Abdominal pain – acute and chronic
- Diarrhea – acute and chronic
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Celiac disease
- Growth failure
- Pancreatic disorders
- Nutritional problems
- Feeding problems and dysphagia
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Parenteral and enteral nutrition support
- Gastrointestinal motility disorders
- Liver/biliary abnormalities
Services offered include:
- Upper and lower endoscopy
- Dilation of strictures
- Hemostasis maneuvers, including cautery, sclerosis and banding
- Gastrostomy placement
- pH monitoring studies, including traditional and Bravo
- Impedance monitoring
- Gastrointestinal manometry, esophageal, antroduodenal, colonic, anorectal
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service – 714-509-4013
Our physician concierge service expedites provider-to-provider communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff