Neurology Referral Guidelines
We’ve developed these referral guidelines to guide you through the process of referring to CHOC Specialists Neurology. Please follow the instructions provided in the guidelines to ensure qualification and appropriate process in referring your patient.
The CHOC Neuroscience Institute and CHOC Specialists Neurology and Neurosurgery offer state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for an entire spectrum of pediatric neurologic conditions. Our highly experienced, board-certified pediatric neurologists provide innovative and efficient care to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
We commonly treat:
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Movement disorders
- Muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy/spasticity
- Concussion and head/spine trauma
- Neurogenetic/neurometabolic disorders
- Neuroimmunological disorders
- Neurological aspects of head injuries
- Complications of central nervous system infections
- Sleep disorders
Services offered include:
- Routine and 24-hour EEG video telemetry for monitoring of status epilepticus, pseudoseizures and neonatal seizures
- Evoked potentials, including intraoperative recording
- MRI and MRA, transcranial doppler, cranial ultrasound
- Integrated pharmacy services, medication monitoring and participation in drug trials
- EMG and nerve conduction studies
- Polysomnography with or without epilepsy monitoring
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service
To connect with a physician concierge representative, call 714-509-4013, or pingmd@cs concierge.
Our physician concierge service expedites provider-to-provider* communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff
For all other questions regarding referrals, please contact Physician Relations at 714-509-4291.
* Medical providers only, as clinical information will be discussed.