Selecting where a child will receive their cancer treatment is one of the biggest decisions a caregiver can make. The Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children’s specializes in providing our patients—from infants through young adults—with the latest pediatric cancer treatments by nationally recognized medical specialists. We are dedicated to not only treating cancer, but also the needs of the whole child—emotional, spiritual, and physical. Children simply shouldn’t have to give up being kids while dealing with the grown-up issue of cancer.
In 2011, Children’s Hospital of Orange County was ranked in eight specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s Best Children’s Hospitals rankings. Among the more than 200 children's hospitals in the United States, the Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children's ranked 28th in cancer treatment.
- Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Treatment Program
- Solid Tumor Treatment Program
- Histiocytosis Treatment Program
- Neuro-oncology Treatment Program
- Adolescent and Young Adult Treatment Program
- Lymphoma Treatment Program
- Leukemia Treatment Program
- Recurrent and Refractory Cancer Treatment Program
- Palliative Care Program
- After Cancer Treatment Survivorship Program
- Comprehensive child-life and support programs that provide social, emotional and educational support for patients and families.
- State-of-the-art in-hospital facilities that provide many of the comforts of home.
- Special events and activities for patients and their families.
- Nationally recognized surgeons using the latest worldwide procedures.
- An Outpatient Infusion Clinic that eliminates the need for hospitalization for chemotherapy and other treatments.
- Highly skilled nurses with special pediatric oncology training.
Learn more about Hyundai's incredible gift--the largest corporate gift in our hospital's history.
Hyundai Motor America Donation - CHOC Children's
Hope On Wheels and Hyundai Motor America presented the second installment worth $2 million and part of a $10 million commitment to CHOC Children’s to fund groundbreaking cancer research at the Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children’s. To commemorate the event, Hope On Wheels hosted its signature Handprint Ceremony.
Clinical Trials - Dr. Leonard Sender
Dr. Sender, Medical Director, Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children's, describes for us the three phases of clinical trials.
Hyundai Cancer Institute: Dr. Sender - No Place Like CHOC
Leonard Sender M.D., Medical Director of the Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children's, talks about the innovate treatments available at CHOC Children's.
Histiocytosis - Dr. Lilibeth Torno
Dr. Lilibeth Torno, Clinical Director of Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children's, describes symptoms and treatment of histiocytosis. Plus, Megan El-Hinn describes her role as Oncology Case Coordinator.
30 second commercial depicting CHOC patient Sarah who was diagnosed with leukemia. Sarah received cutting-edge treatment at the CHOC Cancer Institute.
News and Announcements
New Innovation in the AYA Cancer Movement: The Future Is Here
January 15, 2014
SAYAO held their first annual conference at the University of California, Irvine (UC Irvine), in partnership with the Hyundai Cancer Institute at the Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC Children's).
Advances in the Young Adult Cancer Movement: Why Sayao Is a Big Deal
December 16, 2013
SAYAO was envisioned and developed under the leadership of Dr. Leonard Sender, a pediatric and adult Hematologist/Oncologist.
The Future of the AYA Cancer Movement: A Chat With Dr. Leonard Sender
December 03, 2013
Dr. Sender is regarded as one of the leading advocacy pioneers of the adolescent and young adult (AYA) oncology movement
Conference addresses broad aspects of adolescent and young adult cancer treatment
September 12, 2013
An upcoming conference co-hosted by the Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children’s will address the nuances of caring for adolescents and young adults with cancer.
Dr. Leonard Sender to Appear on American Health Journal on Friday, July 26 at 5:30 p.m.
July 25, 2013