Limited Visitors Jan. 9, 2017 – March 31, 2017
Due to an increase of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and for the safety of our patients, families and staff, CHOC Children’s Hospital will be implementing limited visitors from Jan. 9 to March 31 (these dates may change due to early or late circulation of virus). Please note:
- Three individuals (two parents/guardians and an additional individual, which can include a sibling 12 years and older) who are well will be permitted to visit during this time.
- For extended hospitalizations, parents (or patients 18 and older) may complete a visitor form listing up to four individuals who may visit. This form will be provided by your inpatient nurse, who will assist you in completing it.
- The use of masks, gowns and gloves will be enforced as appropriate. Proper hand hygiene is necessary each time you enter and exit the patient’s room.
- Patients in isolation and their parents/guardians will not be allowed to visit the playrooms or other patient rooms. Child life specialists have activities that can be brought to the isolation rooms.
- When the patient is visiting public areas in the hospital (given approval from the patient’s physician), please remember to use good hand hygiene and stay 3 feet away from others.
We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, and appreciate your partnership in helping us to protect all of the children and families we serve. If you have any questions, please speak to your CHOC nurse or physician.