Making Sure Kids Grow into Healthy Adults
Our clinical and support staff is specially trained to care for children from infants to adolescents. Our team includes orthopaedic surgeons, physical and occupational therapists, physiatrists, neurosurgeons and neurologists, rheumatologists, pulmonologists, cardiologists, nurses and nurse practitioners, physician assistants and orthopaedic technicians. Meet Dr. Afshin Aminian, director of the CHOC Children’s Orthopaedic Institute.
While we evaluate, treat and manage all forms of orthopaedic conditions, our specialty programs in the following areas are what set our Orthopaedic Institute apart.
• Scoliosis and spine conditions
• Hip disorders
• Hand disorders
• Foot disorders
• Fractures, sprains, strains and orthopaedic injuries
• Congenital disorders including skeletal dysplasias and osteogenesis imperfecta
• Bone and soft tissue tumors
• Muscular dystrophy and other muscle diseases
• Spasticity and orthopaedic conditions related to cerebral palsy
• Orthopaedic conditions related to spina bifida
• Sports-related injuries and conditioning
Because we are committed to family-centered care, we carefully consider the physical, mental and emotional needs of each patient and family. Our care teams are tightly integrated to make the experience seamless, whether it’s coordinating inpatient and outpatient visits, communicating with a child’s referring physician, or making sure patients and their families fully understand every option available to them. We offer the most comprehensive child life and family support programs in the region.