State-of-the-art Surgery Programs
Our expertise is second to none. The surgeons at CHOC are known for offering the latest procedures no matter how complex—including the use of minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery methods. Our pediatric surgeons specialize in all general surgical procedures and conditions, including:
- Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation (CCAM)
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Gall stones (cholecystectomy)
- GERD (fundoplication)
- Inguinal hernia
- Lumps and bumps
- Pectus excavatum
- Precocious puberty (supprelin implants)
- Umbilical hernia
- Undescended testicle (orchiopexy).
We also provide specialty surgical services in the following areas:
- Brain surgery and neurosurgery
- Gastroenterology (GI) surgery
- Head and neck (ENT) surgery
- Heart surgery
- Neonatal surgery in our Surgical NICU
- Bone, joint and spine surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Trauma surgery at our pediatric trauma center
- Urological surgery.
We are committed to continually communicating with patients and their families so that they understand what is happening at every step of the way during their time in the procedure center. Our knowledgeable nurses and skilled surgeons and anesthesiologists are dedicated to making sure that each patient’s family is provided with the most accurate information throughout the surgical process.