Dr. Daryoush Bassiri, Neonatology
- Daryoush Bassiri MD
- Office: 714-509-4373
- Specialty: Neonatology
- Board Certified: Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Additional Languages: Farsi, Kurdish
Co-Director of the CHOC Transport Program, Dr. Bassiri’s expertise comprises a wide array of neonatology. He is board certified in pediatrics and neonatology. Dr. Bassiri completed his fellowship training in neonatal-perinatal medicine at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. His residency training was completed at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in Manhattan, New York. Dr. Bassiri also served as Chief Resident at St. Luke’s. He received his medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies. He completed his internship and residency at St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center. His philosophy of care is to do no harm.
Daryoush Bassiri MD is on staff at CHOC Hospital in Orange and CHOC Mission Hospital.
1201 W La Veta
Orange, CA 92868
CHOC at Mission Hospital
27700 Medical Center Rd. 5th Floor
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital
One Hoag Dr.
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Pomona Valley Hospital
1798 N. Garey Ave.
Pomona, CA 91767
Parkview Community Hospital
3865 Jackson St.
Riverside, CA 92503
St. Jude Medical Center
101 E. Valencia Mesa Dr.
Fullerton, CA 92835
Western Medical Center
1001 N. Tustin Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at Harbor- UCLA Medical Center
St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Medical School
St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies
St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in Manhattan, New York
Assistant Clinical Professor
University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine
- Co-director, Transport Team, CHOC
- Neonatology, CHOC Specialists
Honors and Awards
- Physician of Excellence
Orange County Medical Association
Our neonatologists commonly treat the following conditions in newborns and babies:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Heart valve abnormalities
- Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH)
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN)
- Respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)
- Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)
- Septal defects
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Trouble keeping warm