Dr. Gurpreet S. Ahuja, Medical Director, Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Gurpreet S Ahuja MD
- Office: 714-633-4020
- Specialty: Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Board Certified: Otolaryngology
- Additional Languages: Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu
Recognized an expert in the field of pediatric otolaryngology for more than 20 years, Dr. Ahuja serves as division chief of otolaryngology for CHOC Specialists and director of pediatric otolaryngology training for UC Irvine’s residency program in otolaryngology.
With a passion for innovative treatments, Dr. Ahuja is particularly interested in pediatric airway reconstruction, pediatric sinus surgery, childhood hearing loss and congenital head and neck disorders. He has co-authored several publications in peer-reviewed medical journals.
The recipient of numerous honors and awards, Dr. Ahuja has been voted by his peers into Super Doctors of Southern California. He is a recipient of the Teacher of the Year Award from the residents of the Otolaryngology program at UC Irvine. Dr. Ahuja consistently receives the annual Physician of Excellence award from the Orange County Medical Association.
Dedicated to clinical excellence, Dr. Ahuja is board certified in otolaryngology/head-and-neck surgery. He received his medical degree at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. He completed his residency in otolaryngology/head and neck surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York, followed by a fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
Actively involved in the Orange County community, Dr. Ahuja serves on the Board of Directors of the American Red Cross-Orange County chapter as well as the OC Human Relations Council. He is active in the county’s interfaith community, working to foster understanding and dialogue. In addition, he serves on the Medical Executive Committee at CHOC Hospital in Orange. Dr. Ahuja is deeply committed to providing compassionate, state of the art medical and surgical care to all children with head and neck disorders, including problems of the ears, nose and throat.
Airway reconstruction, sinus surgery, childhood hearing loss, congenital head and neck disorders
Gurpreet S Ahuja MD is on staff at CHOC Hospital in Orange .
CHOC Specialists – Otolaryngology
1010 W La Veta Ave 710
Orange, CA 92868
Otolaryngology Center – Newport Beach
446 Old Newport Blvd., 1st. Floor
Newport Beach, CA 92663
- Medical School
All India Institute of Medical Sconces, New Delhi, India
- General Surgery Residency
Booth Memorial Medical Center, Flushing, NY
- Otolaryngology Residency
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, NY
- Otolaryngology Fellowship
Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship
Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Medical Director, Otolaryngology
- Director, Pediatric Otolaryngology Training, UC Irvine Otolaryngology Residency Program
- Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology, UC Irvine
Honors and Awards
- Orange County Physician of Excellence in Otolaryngology
Orange County Medical Association
- Distinguished Service Award
CHOC Hospital, Orange, CA
- Southern California “Superdoctor”
Los Angeles Magazine
- AIIMSONIANS of America; Alumni Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Association of Otolaryngologists of Indian Origin
- Inter American Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Orange County Medical Association
- Orange County Society of Head and Neck Surgeons
- Society for Airway Management
- Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children
Lectures and Presentations
- Airway management in patients with Pierre Robin Sequence
2009 Univ. of California-Irvine Otolaryngology Update, Irvine, CA
- Management of Infantile Hemangiomas new management approaches
12th Annual UC Irvine Otolaryngology Updates, Orange, CA.
- Management Options in an Infant with Acute Respiratory Distress
2010 Univ. of California-Irvine Otolaryngology Updates, Indian Wells, CA
- Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea
2011 Univ. of California-Irvine Otolaryngology Updates, Indian Wells, CA
- Sleep Apnea in the Pediatric Age Group
Grand Rounds. Department of Otolaryngology/Head and neck Surgery, Univ. of California-Irvine, Irvine, CA
- Vascular Malformations
Grand Rounds, Department of Plastic Surgery, Univ. of California-Irvine, Irvine, CA
Our ENT specialists commonly treat:
- Tonsil and adenoid disorders including obstructive sleep apnea
- Airway disorders
- Congenital and acquired hearing loss
- Acute and chronic ear infections
- Middle ear disorders
- Masses of the head and neck
- Speech disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Foreign bodies of the aerodigestive tract
- Cleft lip and palate
In this segment of American Health Journal, Dr. Gupreet Ahuja, physician at CHOC, describes the difference between tonsils and adenoids.
Tonsils are removed less frequently than in the past, but removal may be necessary under specific circumstances, mainly difficulty breathing and infections.
When your child snores a condition called sleep apnea may be the reason. There are two types, central and obstructive. Obstructive is a greater concern.
CHOC becomes the first children’s hospital in California to offer new therapy for patients with obstructive sleep apnea