The CHOC Children’s Urology Center provides patients and their families with the most current, evidence-based diagnoses and treatments.
Our division supports a robust research team, led by our clinical epidemiologist, Carol Davis-Dao, Ph.D., and supported by medical and undergraduate students from the University of California, Irvine and other local universities. As a part of our Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program with the University of California, Irvine, our Research Fellow is a key member of the research team.
We are involved in a diverse range of clinical research studies including the following:
- Founding member of the Western Pediatric Urology Consortium (WPUC), a group of leading institutions that have come together to conduct multi-center research focused on pediatric urology
- Prospective study of patients with vesicoureteral reflux focusing on treatment by risk stratification
- Society for Fetal Urology Prenatal Hydronephrosis Registry, a multi-center study focusing on patients with hydronephrosis
- Spina Bifida Registry supported by CHOC Foundation One Wish Grant, studying the population of patients with spina bifida and neurogenic bladder
- Hypospadias repair outcomes study, focusing on improving hypospadias surgical techniques and further understanding the causes of hypospadias
- Home bladder pressure and volume monitoring study to teach and learn more about home manometry for neurogenic bladder patients
- Multi-center randomized controlled trial of a new medication for treatment of neurogenic bladder
We also collaborate on basic science research with co-investigators in the Department of Urology at the University of California, Irvine.
For more information about our research program, please contact Dr. Davis-Dao at: firstname.lastname@example.org