The CHOC Urology Center provides patients and their families with the most current, evidence-based diagnoses and treatments.
Our division supports a robust research team, led by our clinical epidemiologist, Carol Davis-Dao, Ph.D., and supported by medical and undergraduate students from the University of California, Irvine and other local universities. As a part of our Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program with the University of California, Irvine, our Research Fellow is a key member of the research team.
UCI/CHOC Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program
As a fellow in the UCI/CHOC pediatric urology fellowship, you will be a part of one of the top urology programs in the country and will work alongside our physicians and nurse practitioners who see almost 900 patient each month. We perform approximately 1,200 surgical cases annually, with fellows involved in a majority of the cases to ensure you’re receiving the experience and guidance needed.
Learn more about the Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program.
Urology Clinical Studies
We are involved in a diverse range of urology clinical research studies, including the following:
- Founding member of the Western Pediatric Urology Consortium (WPUC), a group of leading institutions that have come together to conduct multi-center research focused on pediatric urology
- Prospective study of patients with vesicoureteral reflux focusing on treatment by risk stratification
- Society for Fetal Urology Prenatal Hydronephrosis Registry, a multi-center study focusing on patients with hydronephrosis
- Spina Bifida Registry supported by CHOC Foundation One Wish Grant, studying the population of patients with spina bifida and neurogenic bladder
- Hypospadias repair outcomes study, focusing on improving hypospadias surgical techniques and further understanding the causes of hypospadias
- Home bladder pressure and volume monitoring study to teach and learn more about home manometry for neurogenic bladder patients
- Multi-center randomized controlled trial of a new medication for treatment of neurogenic bladder
We also collaborate on basic science research with co-investigators in the Department of Urology at the University of California, Irvine.
For more information about our urology research program, please contact Dr. Davis-Dao at: firstname.lastname@example.org