Making Sure Kids Grow into Healthy Adults
Children especially are prone to orthopaedic conditions and injuries because their bodies are in a constant state of growth. We understand that children are still growing and require specially trained experts with experience treating their unique needs. Whether it’s a broken bone, scoliosis, a sports injury or a developmental disorder, we’re here to help kids grow into healthy adults.
Our clinical and support staff is specially trained to care for children from infants to adolescents. Our team includes orthopaedic surgeons, physical and occupational therapists, physiatrists, neurosurgeons and neurologists, rheumatologists, pulmonologists, cardiologists, nurses and nurse practitioners, physician assistants and orthopaedic technicians. Meet Dr. Afshin Aminian, director of the CHOC Orthopaedic Institute.
What We Treat
While we evaluate, treat and manage all forms of orthopaedic conditions, our specialty programs in the following areas are what set the Orthopaedic Institute apart.
- Spine conditions including scoliosis
- Hip disorders including developmental hip dysplasia (DDH)
- Hand disorders
- Foot disorders including clubfoot
- Broken bones, fractures, sprains, strains and orthopedic injuries
- Limb length discrepancies and congenital limb deficiencies
- Congenital disorders including skeletal dysplasias and osteogenesis imperfecta
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Muscular dystrophy and other muscle diseases
- Spasticity and orthopaedic conditions related to cerebral palsy
- Orthopaedic conditions related to spina bifida
- Sports injuries
Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Because we are committed to family-centered care, we carefully consider the physical, mental and emotional needs of each patient and family. Our care teams are tightly integrated to make the experience seamless, whether it’s coordinating inpatient and outpatient visits, communicating with a child’s referring physician, or making sure patients and their families fully understand every option available to them. We offer the most comprehensive child life and family support programs in the region. Learn more about patient- and family-centered care at CHOC.