Our Neurodiagnostics Laboratory is equipped with the latest technology to diagnose and treat neurological conditions in children. The lab has a five-year accreditation – the highest possible – by the Laboratory Accreditation Board of the American Board of Registered Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET). This accreditation recognizes that our lab has met strict standards and is recognized as a place where you and you your family can have confidence that you are receiving quality diagnostics.
Tests We Perform
- An electroencephalogram is used to measure brain activity. Learn more about an EEG.
- In some cases, we may conduct an EEG over a long period of time to make an epilepsy diagnosis. Learn more about long-term video EEG monitoring.
- We also perform intracranial EEG monitoring to precisely pinpoint the origin of seizures in a child’s brain. Learn more about intracranial monitoring.
- An electromyogram and a nerve conduction velocity study are used to measure muscle and nerve health. Learn more about an EMG and NCV study.
- An evoked potentials study is used to measure how well the brain responds to sight, sound or touch. Learn more about an evoked potentials study.
- A polysomnogram (sleep study) is used to evaluate a child’s sleep patterns. Learn more about a sleep study.
- Wada testing is used to identify which areas of the brain control a child’s speech, thought and memory. Learn more about a Wada test.
Neurodiagnostics are offered at two locations. Your child may have testing done here while he or she is a patient in the hospital. Your child’s doctor also may order an outpatient test from us, and we will then call you to schedule an appointment. Please check in at the front desk near the main entrance of the hospital. If you have questions or need to reschedule your appointment, please call us at (714) 509-8651.
1201 W. La Veta Ave. | Orange, CA 92868-3874 | 714-509-8651
Building: CHOC Commerce Tower | 505 S. Main St., Suite 350 | Orange, CA 92868 | 888-770-2462