Strategies to Understand and Promote Emotional Health in Children
Topic Age Range: School District Wide (Pre-K – 12th Grade)
Supporting children with mental illness can be overwhelming. This presentation will help caregivers better understand indicators of mental illness in children and discuss research-based interventions to increase wellness. A CHOC psychologist will discuss strategies to help caregivers understand and promote emotional well-being in children.
Date Aired: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 | 5:00 – 5:45 PM
Presenter: Amy Morse, PsyD, Licensed Psychologist, CHOC Integrated Primary Care
Dr. Ava Casados is a pediatric psychologist in CHOC’s Garden Grove Primary Care clinic. Dr. Casados earned her doctoral degree in clinical psychology at Yale University and she completed her fellowship training in pediatric psychology at CHOC. She is a southern California native and is passionate about improving access to high-quality mental health services in our community.
- Review data related to the prevalence of mental health conditions in children.
- Review typical and at-risk behavior in children.
- Discuss mental health conditions in children.
- Identify factors that can contribute to barriers with emotional health in children.
- Introduce a model that promotes emotional health in children.