Concussion Home Exercise – Vestibular Ocular Gaze Stabilization
The following exercise can be started only under the expressed guidance of a trained concussion specialist, after an appropriate evaluation with discussion.
- Place one sticky note on the wall at eye level. Write a capital letter on the sticky note. Stand about 3 feet from the wall.
- Start the exercise by holding the target steady and turning your head from right to left while keeping your eyes on the target.
- Repeat the back-and-forth motion for one minute. Then rest for one minute.
- Next, keep the target steady but move your head up and down while keeping your eyes on the target.
- Repeat the up-and-down motion for one minute.
- Repeat both the side-to-side and up-and-down exercises three times a day.