Concussion Home Exercise – Saccades Exercies (Vertical)
The following exercise can be started only under the expressed guidance of a trained concussion specialist, after an appropriate evaluation with discussion.
- Place two sticky notes on the wall about 12 inches apart. Line one on top, about 6 inches above eye level, and the bottom one about 6 inches below eye level. Write a capital letter on each sticky note. Stand about 3 feet from the wall. Or, stretch out your arms in front of you and line up your index fi ngers about 12 inches apart, with one fi nger about 6 inches above eye level and the other about 6 inches below eye level.
- Keep your head still during all exercises; move only your eyes.
- Start the exercise by quickly looking at the upper target with just your eyes.
- Then quickly move your gaze from the upper to the lower target, then back from the lower to the upper target.
- Repeat the up-and-down eye motions for one minute.
- Repeat the one-minute exercises three times a day.