Dr. Hoang (Wayne) D. Nguyen, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Wayne Nguyen attended medical school at Texas A&M Health Science Center. He completed his internship at the University of California-Irvine and his residency at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center. He is affiliated at UCI as Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Nguyen is board certified in Adult Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Pediatrics.
Since 2000, Dr. Nguyen has served in the role of director of psychiatry at CHOC Children’s, providing education to pediatric residents, psychology trainees, and child psychiatry fellows, in addition to inpatient consultation, and outpatient services. He has chaired the CHOC Children’s physician well-being committee since 2010. Wayne has served at Fairview Developmental Center since 1999 as a consulting psychiatrist, and was the Chief of Medical Staff from 2012-2017. Dr. Nguyen was at UCI from 1999-2004, where he was the Director of Undergraduate Medical Education for psychiatry, and currently holds an appointment as an Associate Clinical Professor.
Dr. Nguyen has been integrally involved with the preparation and development of the Mental Health Inpatient Unit Center opening in 2018.
CHOC Children’s Hospital
1201 W. La Veta Ave.
Orange, CA 92868
phone: (714) 509-8481
fax: (714) 509-8756
- Chair, Psychiatry, CHOC Children’s
- Medical Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, CHOC Children’s
- Medical Director, Mental Health Inpatient Center, CHOC Children’s
- Division Chief, Psychiatry, CHOC Children’s Specialists
- General Adult Psychiatry Internship
University of California at Irvine, Orange, CA
- Medical School
Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center, College Station, TX
- Pediatrics, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency
University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Specialties: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry
- Board Certified: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, Psychiatry, Pediatrics
- Additional Languages: Vietnamese
- On Staff at: CHOC Children's Hospital