Dr. Hoang (Wayne) D. Nguyen, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Hoang (Wayne) D Nguyen MD
- Specialties: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry
- Board Certified: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, Psychiatry, Pediatrics
- Additional Languages: Vietnamese
Dr. Wayne Nguyen attended medical school at Texas A&M Health Science Center. He completed his internship at the University of California-Irvine and his residency at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center. He is affiliated at UCI as Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Nguyen is board certified in Adult Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Pediatrics.
Since 2000, Dr. Nguyen has served in the role of director of psychiatry at CHOC, providing education to pediatric residents, psychology trainees, and child psychiatry fellows, in addition to inpatient consultation, and outpatient services. He has chaired the CHOC physician well-being committee since 2010. Wayne has served at Fairview Developmental Center since 1999 as a consulting psychiatrist, and was the Chief of Medical Staff from 2012-2017. Dr. Nguyen was at UCI from 1999-2004, where he was the Director of Undergraduate Medical Education for psychiatry, and currently holds an appointment as an Associate Clinical Professor.
Dr. Nguyen has been integrally involved with the preparation and development of the Mental Health Inpatient Unit Center opening in 2018.
Hoang (Wayne) D Nguyen MD is on staff at CHOC Hospital in Orange .
CHOC Specialists, Psychiatry
1120 W. La Veta, Suite 830
Orange, CA 92868
- General Adult Psychiatry Internship
University of California at Irvine, Orange, CA
- Medical School
Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center, College Station, TX
- Pediatrics, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency
University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Division Chief, CS Psychiatry
- Medical Director, Mental Health Inpatient Center, CHOC