Dr. Maryam Gholizadeh, Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery
Dr. Maryam Gholizadeh is a pediatric surgeon who is engaged in all aspects of medicine and devoted to the delivery of high-quality care. With a dedication and focus on her patients, Dr. Gholizadeh is a well-respected surgeon in the community. She handles complex cases and frequently receives referrals from pediatricians who appreciate her commitment to good communication and prompt follow-up. She has special interest in surgical oncology and pediatric hernias, and firmly believes that a thorough explanation of the condition to families and referring physicians is essential. Dr. Gholizadeh is always available for any questions or concerns from her patients or their families, as well as to discuss specific clinical ramifications with other health care providers who are part of the overall care delivery team.
Dr. Gholizadeh earned her undergraduate degree at George Mason University, and attended medical school at George Washington University. Her internship and residency were both completed at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Dr. Gholizadeh completed fellowships in pediatric surgery at Children’s National Medical Center and in pediatric surgical oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering. During this process, she achieved honor society membership, a prestigious research fellowship, recognition as the “Best Chief Resident” and high placement in annual scientific forums.
Dr. Gholizadeh is active in CHOC leadership, serving as chair of several hospital departments/sections as well as on medical staff committees. She has considerable research experience with many presentations at national meetings and has co-authored articles in specialty journals. Dr. Gholizadeh’s compassion for her patients; accessibility to families and fellow physicians; leadership experience; and passion for strengthening her community relationships make her an excellent physician and respected colleague.
Surgical oncology and pediatric hernias.
CHOC Children’s Specialists – Pediatric Surgery
505 S. Main St, Suite 225
Orange, CA 92868
CHOC Children’s Health Center – Mission Viejo
26691 Plaza, Suite 130
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Chair, Department of Surgery, CHOC Children’s
- Pediatric Surgery, CHOC Children’s Specialists
- Credentialing Committee
- Medical Staff Executive Committee
- Medical Staff Performance Committee
- General Surgery Residency
Eastern Virginia Medical Center
- Medical School
George Washington University
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship
Children’s National Medical Center
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology Fellowship
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Honors and Awards
- Physician of Excellence
- Orange County Medical Association
Our pediatric general and thoracic surgeons commonly perform the following surgeries:
- Circumcision (not newborn)
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation (CCAM/CPAM)
- Gall Stones (Cholecystectomy)
- GERD (Fundoplications)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Lumps & Bumps
- Pectus Excavatum (Nuss procedure)
- Precocious Puberty (Supprelin Implants)
- Umbilical Hernia
- Undescended Testicle (Orchiopexy)
- Office: 714-364-4050
- Specialty: Pediatric Surgery
- Board Certified: General Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Additional Languages: Farsi
- On Staff at: CHOC Hospital in Orange and CHOC at Mission Hospital
Dr. Gholizadeh's Publications
Dr. Maryam Gholizadeh, CHOC pediatric surgeon, discusses the causes, diagnosis and treatment for omphalocele.
Dr. Maryam Gholizadeh, CHOC pediatric surgeon, discusses the causes, diagnosis and treatment for gastroschisis.
In this video, pediatric surgeon Dr. Maryam Gholizadeh explains what to expect when waking up from surgery.