The Mi4 Summer Internship Program includes:
- Mentorship from the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Operating Officer, public health officers, senior vice presidents, physicians, nurses, researchers, philanthropists, data scientists and more. Our mentors are passionate about teaching and mentoring students to become leaders in health care in the future.
- Participation in AI In medicine journal club with mentors to explore the newest innovations and updates within the medical community. Clinical debriefs and case studies to discuss real life hospitalizations.
- Hands-on clinical workshops; including demos in ECMO, ultrasound, suturing, and more.
- Weekly rotation opportunities to shadow physicians from multiple subspecialties in weekly rotations in the hospital and outpatient settings (this portion is available for ages 18+ only).
- Educational and engaging field trips. Past Mi4 field trips include: UCI Center for Neurobiology of Learning Lab, Innovation Institute, Masimo, Scripps Translational Science Institute, Alignment Healthcare, Edwards Life Sciences, OC Disaster Preparedness and cultural visits to sites such as; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Getty Museum, the Pacific Symphony, and the Long Beach Aquarium.
- Presentation skill building as students select and present a mini-topic at the monthly Medical Intelligence and Innovation Institute (Mi4) meetings
- Public speaking practice as students will have the opportunity to prepare and present a research project/abstract for an innovation that they believe will improve healthcare delivery in one of the 7 emerging areas of medicine listed above. Interns who submit an impressive abstract will have the opportunity to present their own idea at AIMed: Artificial Intelligence in Medicine conferences in December.