Within the program, interns receive a number of opportunities, including:
- Learn directly from more than 100 of the top mentors in health care, including chief executive officers, chief financial officers, chief strategy officers, public health officers, senior vice presidents, physicians, researchers, philanthropists and more. Our mentors are chosen for their passion to teach and mentor as well as their various interests and activities.
- Journal and video club with mentors to explore the newest innovations and updates within the medical community
- Weekly rotations to shadow physicians in the hospital and outpatient setting (this portion is available for ages 18+ only)
- Engaging field trips, with past trips including visits to genome sequencing company Illumina, Inc., Scripps Translational Science Institute, UCLA and cultural visits to Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Getty Museum and the Pacific Symphony
- Select and present a mini-topic at the monthly Medical Intelligence and Innovation Institute (MI3) meetings
- Interns are expected to prepare and present a research project/abstract at the next Pediatrics 2040: Trends and Innovations for the Next 25 Years and/or AIMed: Artificial Intelligence in Medicine conferences