We’ve developed these referral guidelines to guide you through the process of referring to CHOC Children’s Rheumatology. Please follow the instructions provided in the guidelines to ensure qualification and appropriate process in referring your patient.
Our highly experienced, board-certified rheumatologists provide innovative and efficient care to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
We commonly treat:
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) (Oligo/Pauciarticular JIA, Polyarticular JIA, Systemic Onset JIA)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Chronic Iritis/Iridocyclitis
- ANCA-associated vasculitis
- Periodic Fever Syndromes
- Hypermobility-associated musculoskeletal pain
Services offered include:
- Ongoing management of patients with above conditions
- CCS team, including Physicians, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Worker, RN Case Manager
- Outpatient infusions for pulse steroids, IVIg, cyclophosphamide, biologic agents
- Combined clinic with Pulmonologist for management of pulmonary complications of autoimmune disorders
- Joint injections with moderate (or PICU-assisted deep) sedation in outpatient unit
- Serial casting for joint contractures
- Injectable medication teaching
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service – 714-509-4013
Our physician concierge service expedites physician-to-physician communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff