We’ve developed these referral guidelines to guide you through the process of referring to CHOC Ophthalmology. Please follow the instructions provided in the guidelines to ensure qualification and appropriate process in referring your patient.
Our highly experienced, board-certified ophthalmologists provide innovative and efficient care to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
We commonly treat:
We treat the full spectrum of pediatric eye conditions, including but not limited to:
- Amblyopia (lazy eyes)
- Childhood glaucoma (infantile, juvenile and traumatic)
- Double vision (diplopia)
- Droopy eyelids (ptosis)
- Eye inflammation (uveitis)
- Infantile and childhood cataracts
- Nasolacrimal duct obstruction (blocked tear ducts)
- Refractive errors (need for glasses/contacts)
- Retinopathy of prematurity and its complications
- Strabismus (crossing or drifting of the eyes)
- Tearing eyes
- Traumatic eye injuries.
Our pediatric ophthalmologists also treat eye problems related to other diseases such as diabetes, sickle cell disease, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, metabolic disorders, brain tumors, genetic and chromosomal disorders, and craniosynostosis.
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service – 714-509-4013
Our physician concierge service expedites provider-to-provider communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff