Allergy and Immunology / Asthma Referrals
We’ve developed these referral guidelines to guide you through the process of referring to CHOC Specialists Allergy and Immunology. Please follow the instructions provided in the guidelines to ensure qualification and appropriate process in referring your patient.
Our highly experienced, board-certified physicians provide innovative and efficient care to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
We commonly treat:
- Acute, chronic and severe asthma
- Allergic rhinitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Complicated eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Acute and chronic urticaria
- Drug and food allergies
- Stinging insect allergies
- Cellular immune deficiencies
- Antibody immune deficiencies
Services offered include:
- Dietary control and environmental allergen/irritant avoidance
- Inpatient and outpatient services are available for children and adults experiencing conditions related to allergies, asthma and immune deficiencies
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) Clinic – dedicated to treating all of the symptoms of eosinophilic esophagitis in Southern California
- Clinical Research Trials for asthma, allergic rhinitis and EoE studies
The CHOC Breathmobile program provides services to children and their families in various locations throughout Orange County. The program is designed to serve the uninsured and underinsured children who might otherwise go without care for their asthma.
Considerations for a Breathmobile Referral:
- Uninsured children, greater than 1 year of age.
- ≥ 2 exacerbations in the last year requiring systemic corticosteroids
- Hospitalization or repeated ED visits (≥2) in the last year due to asthma or
- The patient is not responding to current appropriate therapy.
- Diagnosis of asthma requires further evaluation.
CHOC Breathmobile asthma care does not replace visits with a primary care physician or specialist.
Per your health care provider’s instructions, please fill out the form below and fax to 855-212-6740.
For any questions regarding Breathmobile referrals, please call 714-509-7571
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service – 714-509-4013
Our physician concierge service expedites physician-to-physician communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff