How to Apply
The Child Neurology Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are accepted only through NRMP’s Electronic Residency Application Service, also called ERAS®.
Applications must be submitted to the UCI-CHOC Pediatric Residency Program and the UCI Child Neurology Residency Program.
Residency applicants must provide:
- A dean’s letter (MSPE) from your medical school.
- Three letters of recommendation. We prefer one letter from a neurology faculty member who worked closely with you as well as two letters from a faculty member of your choosing.
- Personal Statement
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Step I score (required)
- USMLE Step II CK and CS scores is required to begin any of our residency training programs – score reports are highly recommended prior to rank list due date. We also prefer those who passed their USMLE examinations on the first attempt.
The deadline to submit ERAS applications for the Child Neurology Residency Program is Dec. 1. However, we recommend applying by early October. Once your completed application is submitted, it will be forwarded for review by the selection committee.
Selected applicants will be contacted to arrange interviews.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the categorical pediatric residency program and UC Irvine salary and benefits here.