Dr. David T. Chang, Pediatric Otolaryngology (ENT)
As an expert in the field of pediatric otolaryngology, Dr. David Chang provides care and surgical treatment for children with congenital and acquired head and neck tumors, sleep apnea, airway obstruction, hearing loss and sinusitis. He is the director of the CHOC Otolaryngology aerodigestive and sleep practice which utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to treat complex airway, sleep, and feeding disorders.
Dedicated to clinical excellence and evidence-based care, Dr. Chang is board certified in Otolaryngology and specializes in Pediatric Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. He graduated summa cum laude in Chemical Engineering at University of Michigan. Dr. Chang was subsequently accepted to the highly competitive medical scientist training program at Case Western Reserve University where he received his M.D and Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering and Biomaterials. His Otolaryngology residency training was completed at Stanford University Medical Center and Stanford’s Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital. His fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology was conducted at Boston Children’s Hospital, the affiliated children’s hospital of Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Chang has a passion for research with a primary focus on pediatric airway and ear research. He has authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. Utilizing expertise in biomedical engineering and biomaterials, he aims to build a multidisciplinary translational research program dedicated to developing innovations that improve the care of his patients.
CHOC Specialists – Otolaryngology
1010 W La Veta Ave, Suite 640
Orange, CA 92868
Otolaryngology Center – Newport Beach
446 Old Newport Blvd., 1st. Floor
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Otolaryngology Center – Irvine
250 E. Yale Loop, Suite 200
Irvine, CA 92604
CHOC Specialists – Seal Beach
770 Pacific Coast Highway
Seal Beach, CA 90740
- Medical School
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- Otolaryngology Residency
Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA
- Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship
Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Otolaryngology, CHOC Specialists
- American College of Surgeons
- Reviewer for International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Chang DT, Zemek A, Koltai PJ. Comparison of treatment outcomes between intracapsular tonsillectomy and total tonsillectomy for pediatric obstructive sleep apnea. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2016. In Press.
- Chang DT, Chai R, DiMarco R, Heilshorn SC, Cheng AG. Protein-engineered hydrogel encapsulation for 3D culture of murine cochlea. Otology & Neurotology. 2015;36(3):531-538.
- Chang DT, Truong MT. A child with silent sinus syndrome and spontaneous improvement after sinus surgery. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2014;78(11):1993-1995.
- Specialty: Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Board Certified: Otolaryngology
- On Staff at: CHOC Hospital in Orange