Dr. Sharon Kim, Pediatric Neurology
Dedicated to clinical excellence in pediatric neurology, Dr. Kim is well-versed in electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies. Her clinical interests include neuromuscular medicine and epilepsy. Dr. Kim is affiliated with the American Academy of Neurology and the American Medical Association.
With more than 10 years of experience, Dr. Kim is board certified in pediatrics and neurology with Special Qualification in child neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. Dr. Kim received her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She completed her residency in pediatrics at New York University Medical Center. She served her fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at UC Irvine Medical Center and her fellowship in pediatric neurology at CHOC Children’s and UC Irvine Medical Center.
CHOC Children’s Neuroscience Center
505 S Main St 350
Orange, CA 92868
CHOC Children’s Hospital
1201 W. La Veta Avenue
Orange, CA 92868
- Medical School
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Residency in pediatrics at New York University Medical Center in New York, New York.
Fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange, California and her Fellowship in pediatric neurology at CHOC Children’s and UC Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California.
- Neurology, CHOC Children’s Specialists
Lectures and Presentations
- Variability of muscle biopsy in nemaline rod myopathy
Carrell Krusen Neuromuscular Symposium, 2011
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
Our neurologists commonly treat:
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Movement disorders
- Muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy/spasticity
- Concussion and head/spine trauma
- Neurogenetic/neurometabolic disorders
- Neuroimmunological disorders
- Neurological aspects of head injuries
- Complications of central nervous system infections
- Sleep disorders
- Office: 714-509-7601
- Specialty: Child Neurology
- Board Certified: Pediatrics, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
- Additional Languages: Korean, Spanish
- On Staff at: CHOC Children's Hospital and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital