Dr. Gary Goodman, PICU Medical Director, CHOC Mission
Dr. Gary Goodman is the medical director of the pediatric intensive care unit at CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital. Dr. Goodman is board certified in pediatric critical care with expertise in the treatment of shock, RSV and traumatic brain injury. He is on staff at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital.
Dr. Goodman is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric critical care. Prior to joining CHOC Children’s, Dr. Goodman attended medical school at at the University of California, Irvine. He served his internship, residency and chief residency training in pediatrics at UC Davis in Sacramento, California. He conducted a fellowship in pediatric critical care and pediatric pulmonary medicine followed by a research fellow at CHOC Children’s. Dr. Goodman was voted as one of Orange County’s Top Doctors.
CHOC Children’s Hospital
1201 W. La Veta Ave.
Orange, CA 92868
CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital
27700 Medical Center Rd
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital
1 Hoag Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92663
- Board of Directors, CHOC Foundation for Children
- Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
UCLA School of Medicine
- Medical School
University of California, Irvine
- Pediatrics Residency
University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California
- Pediatric Critical Care/Pulmonology Fellowship
CHOC Children’s, Orange, California
Honors and Awards
- Named a 2008 “Hospital Hero” by Hospital Association of Southern California
- Orange County Medical Association’s Physicians of Excellence 2011-2012
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Office: 714-509-8620
- Specialty: Critical Care
- Board Certified: Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care
- On Staff at: CHOC Children's Hospital and CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital
Dr. Gary Goodman shares that he wanted to become a doctor for a long time and when he specifically decided to enter the field of pediatric medicine.
Gary Goodman, MD, Medical Dir. of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at CHOC, explains why he chose pediatrics & why there is no better place than CHOC.
CHOC Mission, housed on the fifth floor of Mission Hospital, CHOC’s world-class team treats everything from asthma attacks to injuries resulting from serious accidents.