Outside Fundraisers Tips and Ideas
CHOC Children’s is so thankful for community members like you who are interested in helping fundraise for the hospital! We’d like to provide you with some fundraising tips to consider before taking the plunge to organize an event:
- Fundraiser events range in size, involvement, interest, and time availability. Be sure to consider your own time and resources that you can contribute to the event.
- Be sure you’ve got an interested audience to attend your event and to donate. Choosing an event that you know will interest your friends and/or community will prove to be more successful.
- Get some help from your family, friends, and community. Two heads are better than one! Form a committee to help you plan and execute your event so you are not overwhelmed by the details and logistics.
- Have a strategy to spread the word and market your event. Determine a social media strategy. In order to have a successful fundraiser event, you need to make sure people are aware of what you’re doing and the reason you are doing the fundraiser. Once your event, flyers, website and/or social media is approved, tell everyone you know!
- If you are planning a large fundraiser, get some sponsorship. Sponsorships are great to pay for you event!
- Yard Sale – Declutter your home and raise money for CHOC. Hold a yard sale to pass your treasures on to others, and donate the proceeds to CHOC. Chat with your neighbors, maybe they’ll be interested in a Block Sale to benefit CHOC.
- Bake Sale – Bake some goodies made with love and sell them at your child’s next sporting or performance event. Your treats will fill people’s bellies while the proceeds benefit CHOC.
- Recycling Event – Invite family, friends, and your community to recycle, and donate proceeds to CHOC.
- Birthday/Anniversary Gifts – Encourage your birthday or anniversary party guests to bring a donation for CHOC, in lieu of a traditional wrapped gift to you.
- Runs/Walks/Marathons – Ask friends to support you for each mile you run/walk! Running and walking is good for your health, and the donation to CHOC is good for the children’s health.
- Dinner Parties – Host a dinner party for your friends, and ask them to make a donation to CHOC for the amount they would have spent on a night out. You’ll enjoy each other’s company, and enjoy making a donation to support CHOC Children’s.
- Car Wash – Get a group of friends together and spend a day washing cars for a good cause. Donate the proceeds to CHOC.
- Games, Tournaments and Hobbies – Have a game day that you think everyone would enjoy and charge a fee to play. Have golf, soccer, softball, hockey, bongo, chess tournament or your favorite hobby and donate proceeds to CHOC.
- Be Creative – Think up an event that incorporates your own interests, and turn it into a fundraiser for CHOC! Start Your Own Fundraiser Online – Create a personal page on our CHOC.org website to start your own campaign to make donations in lieu of gifts for a birthday, wedding or just wanting to donate for a cause. Goto https://app.mobilecause.com/join/choc/CHOC to get started.