Cardiothoracic Surgery Referrals
Our highly experienced, board-certified pediatric surgeons provide innovative and efficient care to improve the quality of life for children and their families.
Common conditions providers refer to our surgical specialists:
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Atrial and ventricular septal defects
- Atrioventricular (AV) canal defects
- Coarctation of aorta and interrupted aortic arch
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Pulmonary stenosis and atresia
- Tricuspid atresia
- Aortic stenosis
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS)
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Truncus arteriosus
- Pectus excavatum and other chest wall defects
- Lung defects
— congenital pulmonary airway malformations
— spontaneous pneumothorax
- Complex vascular access
CHOC heart surgery program has the only facility in Orange County that performs newborn and pediatric open-heart surgery, and has dedicated cardiovascular operating rooms with extracorporeal life support (ECLS) and a Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU).
For more information, please visit our Heart Surgery section.
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service
To connect with a physician concierge representative, call 714-509-4013, or pingmd@cs concierge.
Our physician concierge service expedites provider-to-provider* communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff
* Medical providers only, as clinical information will be discussed.