We’ve developed these referral guidelines to guide you through the process of referring to CHOC Specialists Cardiology. Please follow the instructions provided in the guidelines to ensure qualification and appropriate process in referring your patient.
The CHOC Heart Institute, along with CHOC Specialists Cardiology, offers state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for an entire spectrum of pediatric cardiac conditions.
What We Treat
Our nationally recognized cardiac experts were trained at some of the top programs in the country. They exclusively evaluate and treat all types of heart and vascular problems, including:
- All types of congenital heart defects, from atrial septal defects to single ventricle defects, including hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Vascular anomalies
- Acquired heart disease, including Kawasaki disease and cardiomyopathy.
We are the only Orange County facility to perform neonatal and pediatric open-heart surgery and cardiac catheterization. We proudly offer one of the only dedicated pediatric electrophysiology programs in the region and a dedicated Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) with the most advanced bedside monitoring equipment available. Our services include:
- Heart surgery
- Cardiac catheterization
- Interventional cardiology
- Arrhythmia device monitoring
- Lipid management
- Extracorporeal life support
- Sports cardiology
- Cardiovascular intensive care.
Specialty Care Physician Concierge Service – 714-509-4013
Our physician concierge service expedites provider-to-provider communication with CHOC specialists.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Also assists with:
- Urgent patient referrals requiring provider-to-provider communication
- Access issues for urgent appointments
- Scheduling concerns or inquiries
- Access to specialists, “doctor of the day” or specialty division staff