- What can the NICU, CVICU, Cardiology, and CT Surgery teach each other?
- Pre and post operative controversies in complex heart disease
- What to do in the premature neonate with CHD
- How can innovation help our clinical decision making
- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular disease
- Neonatal myocardium and hemodynamics of shock
- Feeding with CHD
- Controversies of the ductus arteriosus
- Optimizing long-term neurodevelopmental outcomes
Half-day Workshops available:
- Echocardiography for the NICU PICU physician to assess filling and function
- Essentials of neonatal cardiology: anatomy, physiology, electrophysiology, and cardiac surgery
- NP/PA/RN perspective of advanced bedside care for the neonate with heart disease
Tremendous uncertainty and controversy exists within the management of neonates with congenital heart disease. Some of the issues facing neonatologists, pediatric cardiologists and pediatric cardiac intensivists include: choice/timing of cardiac surgery, indications and safety profile of newer medication in neonates, pre-operative assessment of well being, and post-operative management decisions in this emerging population.
Medical providers require up to date information and sharing of ideas in order to ensure best outcomes for this growing patient population. Due to a significant increase in heart surgery performed during the neonatal period, it is imperative neonatologist learn about cardiac physiology. In parallel, it is imperative for cardiologist and cardiac intensivists to learn about neonatal physiology.
NeoHeart is designed to merge the neonatal and cardiac practitioners. NeoHeart is dedicated to state of the art care for the neonate with congenital heart disease.
NeoHeart is dedicated to advancing the skill set for hemodynamic assessment of neonatal and cardiac intensivists. Workshops will be provided to learn and apply bedside functional echocardiography to help critical care assessment and management decisions. In the past, this modality was used only by a cardiologist; it is imperative neonatal and cardiac intensivists broaden their skills to optimize care for their patients.