NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: The CHOC Children’s Long Live Childhood™ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the State of California who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Children’s Hospital of Orange County (“CHOC Children’s”), 1201 W. La Veta Ave., Orange, CA 92868 (“Sponsor”). The contest is in no way sponsored by a social media platform.
3. Timing: There is one (1) sweepstakes entry period. The Sweepstakes Period begins on Nov. 19, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends on Dec. 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., PT.
4. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, post a photo of your family on Instagram enjoying a holiday tradition. In the caption, tag @chocchildrens and use the hashtag #longlivechildhood. By doing so, the participant may be entered into the sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry it finds inappropriate from the sweepstakes. Use of any automated system or use of multiple accounts on the same social media platforms to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Multiple posts on a single day will not be accepted though the first appropriate entry will be accepted. In the event of a dispute as to any participation, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the social media account will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account older” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. No purchase necessary.
5. Winner Drawings: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or around December 10, 2018, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner will be notified by via email or social media after being selected. The potential winner must sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Release”) in order to claim the prize. The potential winner must mail such Release to the address that will be listed on the Release sent to the potential winner. Additional consents and releases may be required for other persons appearing in any entered photograph. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Release within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes: One (1) winner will receive four (4) tickets to a themed performance ice show (“Prize”) at the Honda Center on December 22, 2018. The approximate retail value of this prize is One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00).
All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during Entry Period, nor can such odds be reliably estimated herein, as this is the first year for the Sweepstakes. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with the prize or the acceptance and use of any element of the prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winner’s responsibility. The winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize.
7. Release: By entry into the Sweepstakes, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the social media platform used by the participant to enter the Sweepstakes from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use, if any, of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail (including email); or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
12. Participant’s Personal Information: Information collected from participants is subject to Sponsor’s Web Policies, which are available upon request. Participant is providing information to Sponsor.
13. Advertising Contact: Participants consent to being contacted by Sponsor via email or social media for informational and advertising purposes, it being understood that Sponsor will not contact participants based upon status as a current or former patient, and that at all times Sponsor will uphold the privacy and security of protected health information in accordance with applicable law.
14. Winner List: Requests for a winner’s list may be sent to: CHOC Children’s Hospital, 1201 W. La Veta Ave., Orange, CA 92868, Attention: Marketing; Survey Sweepstakes. All requests must be received by December 10, 2018.
15. Recordkeeping: For five (5) years following the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor shall maintain records regarding the Sweepstakes, including these Official Rules, copies of any signed Releases, the total number of participants, and a list of winners.