Applying to CHOC Children's Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities at CHOC Children’s. Due to the high volume of applications received we will not be accepting applications for the months of May or June. Please check back on July 3, 2013 for an update. We greatly appreciate your desire to give to our patients and families.
CHOC Children's is Building One of the Most Advanced Children's Hospital in the World!
Committed to making Orange County one of the healthiest places for children in the nation, CHOC is building a new state-of-the-art patient care tower (South Tower) set to open on our main campus in Spring 2013.
When completed, the new CHOC Children’s Hospital will continue to provide and expand innovative tertiary and quaternary pediatric care. The seven-story tower will add 425,524 square feet of space and include a new and advanced pediatric emergency department, operating rooms and related services, laboratory, pathology, imaging and radiology services. To promote a serene, healing environment for children and their families, the tower will also feature leading design and safety principles, private rooms and enhanced family amenities.
CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital
We are not accepting for CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital at this time. Please visit us again in July 2013.
We will be accepting Pet Therapy volunteer applications on an ongoing basis. You must have a dog already certified under Pet Partners (formerly known as The Delta Society). Volunteers interested in Pet Therapy can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We ask that you apply only if you are able to answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you at least 18 years of age today?
- Are you available to volunteer during the daytime/weekdays?
- Are you willing to commit to 100 hours of service during your first year of service?
- Do you understand a regularly scheduled weekly shift is required? Please consider other commitments before applying (i.e. finals, vacations, school and work schedules). A typical shift is 2.5 to 4 hours a week.
- Do you understand there is no one-day, short-term, or summer only volunteer opportunities at CHOC?
- Did you know volunteers at CHOC are expected to have excellent customer service skills, flexibility, and the willingness to provide the highest level of service to our patients, families and staff?
- Do you understand based on the process and position, it may be many months before you actual start to volunteer?