The CHOC Electrophysiology Program is one of the largest regional programs—and our experts perform more than 100 pediatric electrophysiological procedures each year. We successfully treat and eliminate 95 percent of the arrhythmias from the upper chambers of the heart and provide the complete range of services for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders including:
Under the leadership of Anjan Batra, M.D., Medical Director of Electrophysiology at CHOC, patients with suspected arrhythmias are offered expert comprehensive non-invasive and invasive electrophysiologic services that are unparalleled in the region. The electrophysiology lab provides state-of-the-art equipment specifically designed to performing procedures in children, and is staffed by a dedicated team of expert nurses and technicians.
Non-invasive services include:
- Ambulatory electrocardiograms /Holter monitoring
- Cardiac event recorders
- Exercise stress tests with advanced metabolic testing and nuclear imaging
- Tilt table autonomic evaluations
- Pacemaker Clinic-provides services for patients with various types of pacemaker and defibrillator devices including Transtelephonic and in-office pacemaker assessment
Invasive evaluations and treatments include:
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Radio Frequency (RF) ablations
- Implantation of cardiac pacemakers, loop recorders and cardiac defibrillators
To learn more, or to make an appointment with the CHOC Heart Institute, please call (888) 770-CHOC (3462).