Rehabilitation :: Physical Therapy During Cancer Treatment
The Rehabilitation Services Department at CHOC Children’s provides physical therapy for children of all ages with cancer. Certain types of cancers can make some of life’s every day tasks difficult. Working alongside the experts at the Hyundai Cancer Institute, our therapists are dedicated to providing children with cancer the support they need to continue functioning as normally as possible both during and after treatment.
Therapists work with patients to:
- Increase the child’s mobility and to improve their ability to perform self care activities.
- Improve range of motion to allow for independent mobility.
- Enhance strength and endurance and the patient’s ability to perform daily living activities.
- Get referrals for serial casting, durable medical equipment and other necessary equipment and devices needed to make life easier for patients.
What We Treat
Want to know more?
- Learn more about appointments and assessments with the CHOC Children’s Rehabilitation Services Department.
- Discover the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about physical therapy during cancer treatment.
- Find out more about treatment at the Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children’s.