CHOC is located in central Orange County, Calfiornia, placing it less than an hour drive from the City of Los Angeles and about 30 minutes from the Pacific Ocean. Mountain resorts and the California desert are less than two hours away. The Southern California climate is very moderate all year round. Housing costs in Orange County tend to be on the average to high average side, but are often more affordable than in other major metropolitan areas. Orange County offers great diversity in terms of its population, with significant Latino, Vietnamese, Indian, and Filipino populations.
Salary and Benefits
• Fellows: $38,688/year
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (after first month of employment)
• Paid time off (total of 22 days): for educational/vacation/sick leave (13 days) and departmental holidays (9 days). All PTO hours are granted at the start of the fellowship.
• An additional 3 days of educational leave (for conferences or licensure classes)
• Each fellow is assigned a computer.
• A videocamera is available on site to enhance the supervision experience, including facilitating supervision of more challenging cases
• A two-way mirror is also available for live supervision
• Postdoctoral Fellows receive free parking
Fellows can use Burlew Medical Library, located on the CHOC/St. Joseph Hospital campus. A selection of professional books, journals, and audiovisual materials are available. Literature searches are free. Professional databases include the National Library of Medicine MEDLINE, HEALTH and CINAHL. Access can be accomplished remotely.
The Department of Pediatric Psychology has an assortment of professional books and journals, germane to professional work at CHOC.
Copying and multi-media services are available for presentations.