CHOC is located in central Orange County, placing it less than an hour drive from the City of Los Angeles and about 30 minutes from the Pacific Ocean. Mountain resorts and the California desert are less than two hours away. The Southern California climate is very moderate all year round. Housing costs in Orange County tend to be on the average to high average side, but are often more affordable than in other major metropolitan areas. Orange County offers great diversity in terms of its population, with significant Latino, Vietnamese, Indian, and Filipino populations.
Salary and Benefits
- Fellows: $38,688/year
- Medical and Dental Insurance (after first month of employment) …
- Paid time off (total of 22 days) for educational/vacation/sick leave (14 days) and departmental holidays (8 days)
- An additional 3 days of educational leave (for conferences or licensure classes).
- Each fellow is assigned a desktop computer.
- A video camera is available on site to enhance the supervision experience, including facilitating supervision of more challenging cases
- Postdoctoral Fellows receive free parking