August 17, 2009
WHAT: Baskin-Robbins, America’s favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, announces the “Cones for Kids” program to help support nine children’s hospitals in California, including CHOC Children’s. Participating Baskin-Robbins stores throughout the state are collecting donations on behalf of their local children’s hospitals through the end of August. Each person who donates will be given a pink paper cone to fill out and post in his neighborhood Baskin-Robbins store to signify the donation.
Additionally, participating Baskin-Robbins stores will host special in-store fundraisers on Wednesday, August 19th from 6:00 p.m. until close. Stores will donate 20-percent of sales from these events directly to their local children’s hospitals, providing a great way for families to enjoy a treat while supporting a worthy cause.
WHO: Participating Orange County locations, benefiting CHOC, include:
- 203 W. Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821
- 2065 E. Katella, Anaheim, CA 92806
- 27642 Antonio Pkwy, Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
- 23647 El Toro Rd, Lake Forest, CA 92630
- 19465 Brookhurst St, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
- 5971 Warner Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- 104 E. Yorba Linda Blvd, Placentia, CA 92870
- 32341 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- 22922 Los Alisos Blvd, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- 1927 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
- 6731 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CA 92683
- 701 S. Weir Canyon Rd, Anaheim, CA 92808
- 1220 Bison Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- 22461 Antonio Pkwy, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
- 26886 La Paz Rd, Laguna Hills, CA 92656
WHEN: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 (Fundraising event), 6:00 p.m. until close
Month of August (collecting in-store donations)
About CHOC Children's: Named one of the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report (2013-2014) and a 2013 Leapfrog Top Hospital, CHOC Children's is exclusively committed to the health and well-being of children through clinical expertise, advocacy, outreach and research that brings advanced treatment to pediatric patients. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, CHOC’s regional healthcare network includes two state-of-the-art hospitals in Orange and Mission Viejo, several primary and specialty care clinics, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence - The CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes. CHOC earned the Gold Level CAPE Award from the California Council of Excellence, the only children’s hospital in California to ever earn this distinction, and was awarded Magnet designation, the highest honor bestowed to hospitals for nursing excellence. Recognized for extraordinary commitment to high-quality critical care standards, CHOC’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) is the first in the United States to earn the Pediatric Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence.
Denise Almazan, Director of Public Relations
phone: (714) 509-8680