The CHOC Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory accommodates cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology procedures to patients with probable/diagnosed congenital or acquired cardiac disease or dysrhythmias.
Services provided in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory include, but are not limited to:
• Right and/or left heart catheterization
• Diagnostic angiography
• Percutaneous cardiac intervention including, not limited to, closure of ASD, PFO, PDA, and VSD, balloon angioplasty or valvuloplasty, closure of collateral vessels, balloon/blade septostomy, stent placement,
• Transcatheter valve replacement.
• Intracardiac echocardiography and intravascular ultrasound
• Endomyocardial biopsy
• Electrophysiology study
• Electrophysiology intervention including radiofrequency ablation and cryoablation
• ICD, pacemaker and/or biventricular pacemaker placement, and evaluation of devices and leads
• Loop recorder placement
• Hybrid cardiac procedures