Heart Institute :: Diagnostics
The Heart Institute at CHOC Children’s is dedicated to providing the least invasive, state-of-the-art cardiodiagnostic services available for the diagnosis of heart-related problems in children. Our team of specialists use a variety of comprehensive assessment tools and procedures to accurately diagnose and treat each patient, including:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG), Holter monitoring and cardiac event monitor recording.
- Pediatric ergometer and treadmill stress-testing.
- Cardiopulmonary and metabolic exercise testing.
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT).
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography.
- Fetal echocardiography and prenatal cardiac diagnosis.
- Cardiac disease surveillance.
- Cardiovascular disease data registry management.
- 2D and 3D real-time resting, stress and sedated echocardiography.
- 1.5T and 3.0T magnetic resonance (MRI) and CT angiography with 3-D image reconstruction.
- Pacemaker and internal cardiac defibrillator (ICD) interrogation and reprogramming at our Arrhythmia Device Center.
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization and therapeutic cardiac catheterization in our state-of-the-art catheterization laboratories.